It’s been a while…
To be honest, I missed writing my thoughts. Not necessarily for people, but for myself to have a written record of my opinions at certain key times.
This year, E3 is very… special. Special, because of all the goddamn leaks. For instance, Walmart Canada has been on a roll, but if we look at the bright side this allowed us to have a new social media genius (to rival Sonic):
I can’t remember this much leaks at any given time in the previous years. Even Nintendo who has cracked down heavily on leakers and tightened up their security/processes has suffered from that. I’m not going to pretend I like all these leaks, as I made my point very clear in this article last year… I feel that the magic of reveals is disappearing and that tons of us are more and more jaded (due to many reasons).
HOWEVER, I am still excited as ever and every year, E3 reminds me how much I love gaming and how much I miss working in this industry.
This E3 will be very interesting:
- Post Switch launch (technically it’s the 2nd E3, but shhh)
- Industry talks: streaming/cloud services, next-generation consoles, and engines, subscription-based business models etc.
- Japanese games have been on a roll in 2017, what about 2018?
- Very awaited games will see their first gameplay: TLOU2, Smash Bros, Ghost of Tsushima to name a few
- Confirmation of all the leaks (I don’t like this sentence at all)
In any case, I am super excited and will write several articles to celebrate this:
- EA Conference
- Microsoft Conference
- Ubisoft Conference
- Square Enix Conference
- PlayStation Conference
- Nintendo Direct/Treehouse
- Specific articles on some games/topics after E3 is over
See you soon.